Food and Beverage Policies and Procedures
- Banquets and served functions must be booked a minimum of 14 days prior to your event
- All other catered services, placed with Queen’s Event Services, require 5 business days advance notice to guarantee specific details and timing
Note: Due to the high volume of events on campus, certain dates may be sold out well in advance of this required notice.
- Final numbers and special dietary requirements for banquets and formal functions are required 7 days prior to your event
Note: Timing is critical to the success of your event! Should the delivery of your food be delayed due to a late start of your function, we cannot guarantee the quality of the meal.
- Cancellations must be received in writing before the above noted confirmation dates to avoid cancellation fees. Notification received after this deadline will result in a charge based on the confirmed number of guests and the date the cancellation is received.
- A 10% deposit of the estimated value of your event is required within 30 days of booking your event
- A 50% deposit of the balance is due 60 days before the function
- The balance is due upon receipt of your invoice
Note: We accept company cheques, Visa, MasterCard, cash, and Queen’s University account codes. Credit card payments can be accepted up to a limit of $15,000 per event – beyond this amount we only accept a cheque or a Queen’s University account code.
- Food items are subject to 13% HST
- Alcoholic beverages are subject to 13% HST
- Taxes are subject to change due to revised provincial tax legislation
- Orders under a pre-tax amount of $100.00 are subject to a $20.00 delivery fee
- China and glassware are available to replace disposable wares at your catered event at a cost of $3.00 per person
- Linen for banquets and formal receptions include set up of food service stations (buffet and beverage stations) and 4 additional predetermined tables
- Banquet and formal reception pricing includes dishware, cutlery, linen (as above), and service staff for a 4 hour call from scheduled guest arrival time
- All staffed event menus are based on a 4 hour service from the scheduled guest arrival time. If your event exceeds 4 hours service, an additional overtime staff charge will be billed at $25/hour per service person
- Events are billed and defined separately if in multiple locations
- Delivery outside of regular business hours (7:00 am – 4:00 pm) are subject to additional delivery cost
- Any lost or misplaced items are the responsibility of the client, and will be included on your invoice at the replacement cost
- Menu prices may be subject to change due to fluctuation in market pricing at the time of the event
- $40 Service/Admin charge will apply for orders modified within 48 hours of the event date. The service charge will also be applied to events when modification is made onsite